A module of the Higher Certificate in Criminal Law Enforcement Programme (CLEP)
Timetable for Tutorials & TEST
CLEP 1 – Introduction to the Constitution and Bill of Rights
CLEP 2 – Law Enforcement by Peace Officers (LEPO) (this module) SCROLL DOWN FOR WORKBOOKS!
CLEP 3 –Introduction to Criminal Investigation
CLEP 4 – Taking of Statements
CLEP 5 – Enforcement of Marine and Coastal Legislation
Dear students, for this module, you will consult in the first place your print course notes. This document is supplemented by the HVT workbooks. You should have the workbooks in print format, but if you lost one, you can download it from here.
Centre for Law in Action. 2018. Law enforcement by peace officers (LEPO). Port Elizabeth: Nelson Mandela University. [Course notes].
© The above document is protected by copyright and may not be published here.
These workbooks will help you to understand the course material better. Plus: working through the exercises is fun!
- Introductory Workbook (337KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 1: The Law and its sources (757 KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 2: The South African criminal justice system (1.3 MB)
- Workbook for Chapter 3: Criminal accountability (1 MB)
- Workbook for Chapter 4: Initiation, prosecution and access to legal assistance (2 MB)
- Workbook for Chapter 5: Practical aspects of enforcement by peace officers who are not police officers (1 MB)
- Workbook for Chapter 6: Roleplayers in the magistrate’s courts and the presentation of evidence (1.2 MB)
- Workbook for Chapter 7: Appointment, functions and powers of peace officers (587 KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 8: Administrative enforcement (499 KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 9: Reading of legislation and basic interpretation (673 KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 10: Ethics and professionalism in law enforcement (576 KB)
- Workbook for Chapter 11: Anti-corruption (724 KB)