Click the link to the presentations.
Did you know? By practising a skill that employers value, you have done yourself a huge favour. You are now also in a position to get honest feedback by HVT tutors to help you improve. Honest feedback is rare: cherish it!
The aim of this assignment is to put into practice some of the elements of communication that have been presented to you in the study guide. It may seem challenging at first, but the purpose of it is to develop skills that you will need not only in your career, but in every part of your life.
Prepare an oral presentation on any controversial aspect of the Covid-19 pandemic. Your presentation should be based on at least three articles – which can be found either on the Student Portal or in newspapers or your own internet searches. You will be required to submit a list of the references you used before starting your presentation.
On this page you can access no fewer than 15 carefully selected articles from The Daily Maverick, a reputable South African newspaper. These articles have been uploaded to this site and are therefore #datafree!
The presentation should be 4-6 minutes – no shorter or longer! There will be a bonus of five marks if you include a visual aid (graph/chart/photograph) that you talk your listeners through in your presentation.
Controversial = an issue that people have different opinions on; open to discussion
- Shoot horizontally – it immediately looks more professional. It is the standard convention for shooting movies etc.
- Keep the camera still. Not handheld if possible.
- Shoot at highest possible quality your phone will allow. You can later on in processing decrease the quality and size of the file according to what you want to use it for. You can easily downgrade quality, but you cannot upgrade quality once you start with poor quality. This is done in the phone’s settings.
- Silence! Try and shoot in a completely quiet location. Sound editing is very technical and you need advanced knowledge to fix sound-problems.
- Preferred option please: Send by email, if the file is not too big: email@example.com;
- Send by WhatsApp: 064 655 7199
Reminder: Turn your camera horizontally when shooting a video
Thank you, students!